*PA SALE TAX MAY NOT BE ITEMIZED. IF THIS IS THE CASE AN ADDITIONAL 6% WILL BE COLLECTED TO ALL APPROVED SERVICES.
*IF MR WINDOWS IS BEING USED AS A SUBCONTRACTOR SALES TAX WILL NOT BE COLLECTED AND CAN BE DISREGARDED IN THIS PROPOSAL. * WE HAVE A MINIMUM SERVICE CHARGE OF 155+TAX FOR ANY PROJECT.
Values are be subject to changed after 15 days. Estimates given through our website will be confirmed upon arrival to ensure an accurate window count/house size has been sent by client.
Please read over applicable sections below.
Contractor: Big Schrotts LLC DBA Mr Windows Cleaning Services
Client: Identified in proposal header.
Client agrees and accepts the following conditions by their authorization to use any of the contractors offered services.
Minimum Service Charge
• For recurring commercial accounts please disregard this section.
• We have a minimum service charge of 155+tax.
• If multiple services are quoted and ONLY a single service is agreed upon below the $155 amount, the minimum charge takes effect.
How do we clean windows?
• Window scrubbers, squeegees, and detailing clothes will be used to remove the topical dirt, debris and grime.
• Through the use of varied specialty cleaner and techniques I will give 100% effort in removing the window grime, but sometimes window frames, aluminum screens, and hard water create staining on the glass which requires other restoration chemicals to be removed. Though this is fairly uncommon, staining does happen if your windows have been neglected for an extended period of time. A restoration process can be used to brighten up your view! Restoration is not included in this estimate, but can be performed at an additional & agreed upon price.
•Due to the widespread problems related to poor quality Heat-Treated glass, Contractor will not be held liable for any scratches on any heat-treated glass during window cleaning. It is accepted and understood by ALL parties that properly used razor blades and scrapers are standard tools and techniques for construction window cleaning and can safely remove limited amounts of debris (plaster, paint, texture, tape, stickers, etc.) from quality glass, without scratching the glass surface. Furthermore, it is accepted and understood that razor blades and scrapers will be employed on window cleaning and no other cleaning method will be offered by Contractor to remove any extensive debris from any glass surface. By using our services you are also giving permission to use any accounts, depictions, and/or pictures in any advertising.
• All pricing above is for a 1 (exterior only) or 2 (Interior & Exterior) surface cleaning unless specified otherwise.
* 4 surface cleaning on triple track storm windows or Pella windows with removable panes would otherwise be noted, if not a 1 or 2 surface cleaning is implied.
• Pricing is based upon windows found on the perimeter of home. No interior doors, partition glass, or skylights unless specified in the scope of work.
Inclement weather policy
• It is our policy to keep our regular daily schedule. In the event that it is raining or snowing on your scheduled day we will still arrive as planned to complete your job. The only time we will not show up is if there is severe weather which threatens safety and normal job conditions or very heavy rain or snow and wind is occurring. If for any reason we cannot clean on your scheduled date we will contact you to inform you of the changes. Please note that if you want to cancel your scheduled appointment due to inclement weather we require a 2 day (48) hour cancellation notices.
•Any other cancellation under 48 hours (2 days) is subject to a charge of $75.00
Commercial Window Cleaning Considerations
•Client must inform employees to remove all object from interior window sills and have window fixtures/shades drawn open on interior cleaning scheduled date.
•Windows which have Interior objects which inhibit access to the window will not be cleaned.
• Unless stated otherwise, it is assumed this is a maintenance cleaning and does not include new construction clean up. (IE Silicone, mortar, and any other substances staining the glass during construction)
The Soft Washing Process (House Washes – and most other surfaces)
• A Soft Washing method will be used to clean your property. All the work is done with pressure washers and the right property wash mixture.
• A mixture of surfactant, algaecide, and water will be applied to your property. The mixture helps loosen and soften the grime hence the need for a gentle low pressure rinse.***
• Once the biodegradable cleaners have had the chance to kill mold growth and soften dirt, we will follow with a gentle rinse of the siding
• Soft Washing is the industry standard due to its safe and most effective way to clean properties.
• Removal of Mold, mildew and atmospheric contaminants. As well as most water soluble stains
• However, though the use of varied specialty cleaners contractor will give 100% effort into removing, remnants of the following may remain: oxidation from vinyl and aluminum siding, paint discoloration/stains from mud, eggs, rust and other metallic surfaces, artillery fungus*, fly speck, and gutter streaks caused by electrostatic bonding **.
• Exterior surfaces such as stucco, flexlite, dryvitt, or any limestone based exterior that exhibit heavily mold/algae/organic growth may be prone to prior blistering/cracking/deterioration. This is common at the base of chimney, interior corners, or at the base or footer of a wall. The organic growth can live off the minerals in these exteriors thus causing premature failure. The contractor is not held liable for any area which may need repair after cleaning and reserves the right to discontinue cleaning at any time. Some shadowing may remain in areas that have heavy/extreme black mold/growth and from aluminum window frames.
Rust Removal (All Projects)
• Rust will not be removed with standard pressure washing procedures. Pressure/soap will not remove rust. It takes a blend of specialized cleaners to remove rust. Removal of rust will only be performed if noted on the scope of work above.
–Will There Be Water Spotting On The Windows?–
• Think of a time where you washed your dark painted car in the drive way and after the sun dried – was there water marks all over the place? – IF yes the same thing can happen on your homes windows.
• We occasionally get asked will the water spot the windows after a house wash. The answer is yes and no. In short, Central PA has very hard water (150-400 Total Dissolved Solids) with that being said these solids can leave water marks after the water has evaporated and the solid is left behind on the glass – we do recommend having your exterior window cleaning after a house was to eliminate these marks.
• However, some windows SHEET water off better than others and help with the spotting issues.
*Commonly known as the “cannonball fungi”, species discharge their spores with explosive force. Discharged spore sacs are sticky and have a tendency to strongly adhere to whatever surface they encounter, making them a nuisance to homeowners, pressure washing contractors, landscape mulch producers and insurance companies.
**Dirty and grime from your roof and airborne particulates statically bond to the aluminum in your gutters creating black streaks which are unsightly. Pressure washing does not remove these streaks, but we do have a special solutions we can scrub your gutters with to remove oxidation and these black “Tiger Stripes”.
The Home Soft Washing Does Not Include:
• The roof or any attached structures such as decks, chimney tops, patios unless specified otherwise in the scope of work.
• Many times the contractor will include a light topical rinse of run off on horizontal surfaces such as decks and patios.
• Any detached brick or concrete horizontal surface (IE walkways), unless specified otherwise.
What are those black streaks on my roof?
• I’m often asked what the dark staining is on shingle roofs. It’s called Gloeocapsa Magma algae. The bad news is this algae feeds off of limestone. Limestone is a key ingredient on your roof – an open buffet for Gloeocapsa Magma. Left untreated, the algae that leave your roof looking dirty and discolored can potentially eat away years of useful life from your roof.
•This bacteria has a filament root system which can erode your roof while feeding off of the limestone filler in your shingles. This along with the acids in their waste and the heat created from roof darkening can potentially cause your shingles to fail prematurely.
•Pressure washing your shingle roof is not the answer. It will not remove the roots and it will blast the spores deeper into the shingle only to grow back later. Not to mention the pressure alone can destroy your shingles.
So how do you clean my roof?
•An algaecide and a surfactant solution are mixed and are used to clean your roof.***
•The roof cleaning mixture is sprayed on with a LOW PRESSURE system. Low pressure is recommended by the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association (ARMA).
•I recommend not allowing a contractor to use high pressure to resolve the algae growth on your roof. High pressure can remove the granules on your shingles and result in premature failure.
•Since the mixture needs adequate time to work its “magic” to fully kill all the unwanted algae, it is best to allow the natural elements remove the mixture during the next rain shower(s).
• Please note this is not a instant gratification service. some residual streaking will be left on roof and will come off in due time. The only way to make this instant gratification is to pressure wash the shingles. we do offer that service however its not recommended by us or the NRCA.
• Lichen and roof moss will turn white and fall off in time. they can’t be brushed off because this can damage your shingles this process can take from 2 weeks up to 2 months
• If you have a permanent gutter guard system in place and we cannot hang a garden hose in the gutter during the cleaning we will not be held liable for any dead grass or plants that may occur from the service. It is a common practice to run water into the downspouts during the cleaning to totally dilute any chemical which may drip off the roof into the gutter system.
•We take every precaution to protect landscaping and in the unlikely event of anything damage occurring; we are covered by $1M in liability.
*** The active ingredient in both the house wash soap and roof cleaning soap is sodium hypochlorite combined with a citrus additive or surfactant/emulsifier.
Concrete Cleaning Expectations
• Removal of topical dirt, mold, algae and moss can be expected in the cleaning.
• Petroleum based stains (grease and oils) and rust are not included in this cleaning where as they typically need a restoration cleaning (unless stated otherwise in scope of work).
• Concrete which has not been maintained/cleaned on a routine basis (or ever) may exhibit these following characteristics after the cleaning has been performed:
•blotchy/splotchy patterns from organic growth living off the minerals in the concrete (IE limestone).
•splotchy or circular “shadows” where lichen algae has been living. Lichen may remove part of the topical finish of concrete, similar to all other organic growth.
•shadowing, hazing, or staining (IE: rust or oxidation from plastics or metals, and gum) from patio furniture or any other object left in one position for an extended period of time.
• In severe cases where the concrete is completely covered by black/organic growth/pollution the client must understand their concrete is at a higher risk of these characteristics and may not look “new” again.
• In some instances damaged concrete (cracks, missing chunks, exposed aggregate *, previous damage from another contractor or property owner) may be hidden by the grime/dirt/growth prior to the cleaning without the knowledge of the contractor or property owner.
• In this instance the contractor is not held liable for “assumed” damage after the concrete has been cleaned.
• In some instances damaged concrete (cracks, missing chunks, exposed aggregate, previous damage from another contractor or property owner) which are exposed prior to the cleaning may result in removal or movement of concrete due to the poor (prior) condition of the concrete. It is agreed the cleaning is being performed in an attempt to better the appearance of the concrete rather than having the damage concrete replaced.
Commercial Concrete Cleaning
• Gum removal is not included unless specified in scope of work.
• Parking Garages : Areas with parked cars are prone to getting rinsed though contractor will use extreme caution. Due to difficulty of proof of any preexistence damage to property ( IE cars & vehicles – scratches, dents, blemished etc) prior to contractors arrival. Client waives contractors liability to any damage to parked vehicles in work zone.
• Areas with parked cars or stationary objects may be skipped.
Wood Deck Cleaning Procedures
• Gently to moderate pressure wash deck, railings, foots, lattice and steps.
• Contractor is not responsible for items left on, under, or near the deck during the cleaning. It is the clients responsibility to remove any objects on, under or around the deck prior to the scheduled cleaning date. A few examples may include tarps, furniture, rugs, plants, BBQ grills, storage containers, umbrellas, extension cords, hose reels ETC.
• There will be an additional charge of $75 to remove any items from the deck upon our arrival.
• Client agrees that contractor is not held liable for any damage to items being removed from deck.
• To minimize impact on plant life we will gently rinse the surrounding areas with clean water before and after detergent application.
• Some stain may be removed or lighten in color during the cleaning.
• Any where you can see green or black organic growth – there is a high probability the stain or finish has experience failure under these conditions and may need re-coated after the cleaning has been performed.
• Quote does not include underside of deck unless specified otherwise in scope of work.
• Client is responsible for all cleanup of stain/paint chips after cleaning.
• Please note that after some paver cleaning projects sand may need to be re applied to the joints between the pavers. This services is not included unless specified otherwise in the scope of work.
Expectations & Property Requirements
• All windows must be closed and sealed.
• It is assumed by both parties that water is available on site unless specified otherwise. A trip fee of $97.00 will be applied to any service if we need to reschedule due to lack of available water supply.
• If the property has windows, doors, or other openings that are known or are prone to leak, contractor must be informed by client so caution and avoidance will be used by the contractor. Contractor is not held liable for any water intrusion. Contractor is not held liable for any leaking, faulty, or defective plumbing/windows/doors/roofs/gutters/soffit/fascia/faulty flashing/missing flashing or areas on home which leads to any water intrusion (Some examples may include: faulty exterior hose bibs from lack of winterization, fail weather stripping around exterior doors, improper installation and proper flashing of any type of exterior insulated finishing systems exteriors ETC). Contractor is not liable for any electrical shortages.
• Contractor is not held liable for any clogged drains before or after service has been performed (IE in the base of an exterior stairwell where dirt/grime/organic matter collects). These areas need to be routinely cleaned by property owners to prevent any debris to enter into the draining system.
Aluminum Siding & Painted Siding Considerations
We will clean these types of siding with very light water pressure and mild cleaning detergents. Be advised that due to the age and construction of aluminum & painted siding, it may become discolored or may exhibit darker and lighter areas due to oxidation regardless of how careful we are during the procedure. By using our services the client acknowledges their understanding of the potential of discoloration resulting from pressure washing. Some heavily soiled areas (under eaves and porches) may incur residual stains.
Gutter Cleaning Service
• Removal of all obstructive debris from your gutters. (does not guarantee 100% of shingle grit will be removed)
• Flushing of the downspouts if needed.
• A complete 5 point check up of your gutter system to make sure it is working properly.
• We will bag and or bucket all debris collect by hand and take it with us from the job site.
Operations & Procedures
•Due to insurance regulations and safety procedures, the customer, other contractors, workers, children, pets, and individuals will not enter the work area unless agreed upon by both the Contractor and the Customer. If other contractors, workers, children, pets, or individuals are to be present during the duration of the scope of work, these shall not interfere with the completion of Contractor’s work. Customer agrees to not hold Contractor liable for any damages or delays caused by interference from outside parties.
Inspection of Completed Work
• Upon substantial completion of the work, Customer agrees to conduct an inspection of the work.
• All defects and uncompleted items need be noted at this time.
• We acknowledges that oversights may occur. If your dissatisfied with cleaning we will gladly come back and fix the issue if it is made to the attention within 36 hours of the service completion date which follows all terms of this agreement. Our guarantee: if you’re not satisfied you do not pay until we make it right.
Payment & Scheduling Details
• Payment is due net 5 if invoiced.
• Payment is due NET 15, unless other payment terms are outlined otherwise in above sections of this contract.
• For any credit card transaction there will be a 3% convenience fee applied to the sub total amount.
Breach of Payment Terms
• Non-payment terms are as follows:
• Big Schrotts LLC DBA Mr Window Cleaning Services, (1767 Windy Hill Rd Lancaster PA 17602) reserves the right to attach a mechanic’s/contractors lien against the client for non-payment. Any past due accounts are subject to notice of intent to file a lien.
Interest rate of 18% annually begins accruing 5 Days past due.
Big Schrotts LLC DBA Mr Windows Cleaning Services also reserves the right to enter into civil claims court to collect outstanding debt.
Customer agrees to be responsible for all costs of collection on unpaid balances including, but not limited to, 1 ½% interest (18% annually), collection fees (up to 50%), court costs and reasonable attorney fees.
WORK TO BE DONE AS SPECIFIED, IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER. NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ACTS OF GOD, UNAVAILABLE MATERIALS, WORK STOPPAGES. MOLD/FUNGUS/ALGAE IS A NATURALLY OCCURRING ORGANISM THAT I AS A CONTRACTOR HAVE NO CONTROL OVER; THE CONTRACTOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR RECURRENCE/GROWTH OF ANY FORM OR TYPE OF MOLD/FUNGI. THIS AGREEMENT WILL REMAIN VALID FOR ANY FUTURE SERVICES PERFORMED BETWEEN CLIENT AND CONTRACTOR. IF MR WINDOWS CLEANING SERVICES IS BEING USED AS A THIRD PARTY (IE SUBCONTRACTED ON BEHALF OF ANOTHER CONTRACTOR) – THE CLIENT/CONTRACTOR EXPECTATIONS ARE PASSED ON TO BOTH THE FIRST AND SECOND PARTIES INVOLVED. (IE ORIGINAL CLIENT AND CONTRACTOR)