Explanation of Expectations Of A Mr Windows Crew Employee
Scope Of Work:
We are primarily a window cleaning/pressure washing company however during certain times of the year we may take on other services and include and are not limited to:
• Window Cleaning • Pressure Washing • Gutter Cleaning • MISC jobs around shop/property
• Yard clean up • Deck staining • Painting • Snow Removal
• Must be capable or moving, lifting, and working off of ladders. Step ladders and Extension ladders up to 40FT.
• Drastically exceed the customers’ expectations
• Fill out all paperwork in full everyday
• Keep truck clean and maintained
• Maintain pressure cleaner pump oil and engine oil
• Always wear proper and CLEAN uniform
• Have an extra CLEAN shirt and sweatshirt everyday
•Always have an extra blue and grey shirt.
• Grey is for pressure washing – while blue is for window cleaning.
• Maintain proper grooming and appearance
•No beards or thick facial hair. This is so respirators have a tight fit against face while pressure washing with chemicals.
• Identify opportunities at every property, document them, and upsell them
• All upsells sold by employees are eligible for commission.
• Maintain company profitability and efficiency.
•Random bonuses are awarded for impressing out customers.
• Walk around is required whether customer goes with you or not after job is complete.
•NO TOOL LEFT BEHIND: At the end of every project a final walk around is required so
every tool and equipment is accounted for. (Lost/Stolen/Misplaced equipment is grounds for termination)
• Be available by phone/voxer/texting/calling at all times during the work day.
• Expect to work Saturdays and occasional Sundays depending on the scope of work.
• Turn in Work Log and paperwork every day.
•Absolutely No foul language, No Smoking
• Be on time everyday (3 lates is grounds for immediate termination no exceptions)
• Make sure customers LOVE you and us
We pride ourselves in the quality of work we perform and how we interacted with out customers. Our goal is to do the job right the first time while being personal with each customer. We shoot for a 100% 1st time satisfaction rate.
• Crew leaders will be emailed their paperwork/work orders the night before for preparation or have paperwork waiting for them at the shop.
• Arrive at shop between 7am-730am depending on the time of year.*7:15 is star time between march-October*7:30 is start time between December-February.
• Grab keys for vehicle depending on what is scheduled for that day.
• Box Truck (Pressure Washing| Roof Cleaning| Window Cleaning)
• Van (Pressure Washing |Window Cleaning)
• Vehicle Inspection: Miles, Fuel Level, Tire Pressure, Mechanical Shape, Secure Ladders.
* Our Vehicles are the lifeblood of our daily responsibilities. It is very important you treat them as your own and respect them. And neglect to company vehicles is grounds for instant termination.
• Load up equipment & supplies into the proper vehicle for that day.
•Log beginning vehicle mileage for that day
• Residential jobs start at 7:45AM- 8:00AM.
• Upon arrival knock and politely introduce yourself and confirm the work on the work order.
•!IMPORTANT! – Prior to performing and work (specifically for pressure washing) do a walk around and inspect for any pre-existing damage to home.
• Examples are: Loose siding, holes in siding, oxidized siding, open windows, cracked windows, streaks on siding from another pressure washer, broken furniture, damaged plants. Take pictures of plants if you notice any dying or wilting.
• Before any work is performed note any defects on the work order. Show the home owner the defects and have them initial/sign the work order.
We pride ourselves in the quality of work we perform. Our goal is to do the job right the first time and shoot for a 100% 1st time satisfaction rate.
• After the work has been completed ask homeowner to inspect work and make sure they are fully satisfied.
•Have the home owner sign off on the work order after they have been satisfied with the work.
• After completing the last job head back to the shop and drop off, rags, supplies, and paper work.
Pay scale Policy
• Shop Rate – $___/hour
• oil changes, vehicle maintenance, garage clean up misc services around shop.
• Level 1 : Probation/ Training Period: First 100 Hours – $___/hour
• Employee is expected to understand the basic principles, techniques, and operations of the shop and in field executions of window cleaning and pressure washing.
• Level 2: 101+ hours – $___/Hour (Estimated: 3 -? months depending on experience and learning capabilities.)
• Employee is still in training, and is given more responsibility. The end goal in phase 2 is to become fully self sufficient to be able to run a complete day of work alone or with a helper.
• Level 3: Fully Trained Crew Leader Base pay $___/hr or Commission with helper
After employee has showed these characteristics they are eligible for Level 3 pay scale.
• Able to run a job from start to finish: includes (1)initial introduction with customers (2) perform the work (3) Final inspection with customer. (4) Ask for referrals/put yard sign out front of home.
• Never caught standing still, always thinking ahead to what is next step to complete the job.
• Fully comfortable engaging with customers and politely talk while working. Pleasant to talk to during job and able to explain any questions the client may have.
• Looks for opportunities to up sell
• Helpful recommendations for the company.
• Treats company property as their own – recognize issues with vehicles, equipment, and supplies.
• Able to lead and train a new co-worker.
• Looks presentable, smells good, and is conscience of appearance at all times.
*WE ARE A CLEANIGN COMPANY SO WE NEED TO PRESENT OUT SELVES IN A CLEAN AND UNIFORMED MANNER
Exiting the Company
All tools, uniforms, and any company property and must be handed in upon termination or willfull exiting of their position.
1. Write up 2. Write up 3. Week Off 4. Fired * employer may issue decease in pay due to severity of situation.
Examples for disciplinary action or termination; includes but is not limited to:*
• Not reporting damage to company property
* We understand accidents do happen however each incident will be evaluated and may include termination depending on the severity of the situation.
• Repeat tardiness
• Rude to customers
• Starting conflict with co-workers
• Theft from company or customer (legal prosecution will be taken)
• Failed drug test
• Not abiding by safety policies
• Not meeting company standards
• Not meeting their position expectations and responsibilities.
• Not reporting damage to clients property
*If employee is terminated for any of these reasons or any other against company policy; employee agrees they are not eligible for unemployment benefits from the employer.
I understand and agree that nothing in the Employee Handbook creates, or is intended to create, a promise or representation of continued employment and that employment at Mr Windows Cleaning Services is employment at-will, which may be terminated at the will of either Mr Windows Cleaning Services or myself. Furthermore, I acknowledge that this handbook is neither a contract of employment. I understand and agree that employment and compensation may be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time by Mr Windows Cleaning Services or myself.
I have received the handbook, and I understand that it is my responsibility to read and comply with the policies contained in this handbook and any revisions made to it.
Employee’s Name (Print)